Development of new products
Since its inception, ITL Labs has been maintaining its status as an independent, self-supporting contract research organization. It has been recognized as a pioneer contributor to Indian industry through its efforts with technologically innovative applied research approach.
Over the years, the R&D activities of ITL Labs have been expanded covering different areas of materials. The present activities of research involve:
- Identification of new product, application, process and technology
- Development of product, process and technology
- Improvements in the existing product and process
- Scale up studies to take up development work from lab scale to commercial scale
- Cost effective measures either by suggesting alternative route or process of manufacturing of a particular product
- Rendering technical help in preparation of product, application and safety data sheet for capturing market
- Providing opinion report on the existing product as well as process
- Product differentiation etc.
The areas in which R&D is being actively pursued are quite varied from polymers, health care, waste utilization to food, agricultural and herbal products.
- Organic Synthesis
- Specialty Chemicals
- Herbal Products
- Renewable Resources
- Waste Utilization
- Technical Consultancy
In view of their versatile properties, / polymers are called wonder materials. They have substituted traditional materials such as metal, glass, wood & concrete either fully or partially in most of the end use applications.
Material Science Division has always been involved in contemporary research and has developed, modified & commercialized a number of processes over the years. The main areas in which MSD deals are:
- Polymer blends /Alloys
- Adhesives, coatings & lacquers
- Healthcare & Bio materials
- Optimization of polymer processing parameters
- Scaling up of technologies from lab to pilot scale and eventually commercialization
- Plastic waste utilization
- Modification of existing processes and import substitutes