Environment Water & Waste Water Soil and Solid Waste & Air
"Water is life". Good quality drinking water is still a distant dream for most of the population. Hence assessing the water quality for human consumption and recreational purposes is of utmost importance.
Keeping this in mind, ITL Labs set up facilities to study and to do research of water and waste water during 1970s. Currently, it is catering to the needs of all concerned with water availability and water quality e.g. Consumers like industries, hotels, hospitals, schools, embassies, policy makers like govt. departments & ministries and regulatory agencies like pollution control boards.
- Potable water, Natural mineral water and Packaged drinking water.
- Water for irrigation and recreational and construction purpose.
- River and Lake water.
- Inland water.
- Study of contamination of water.
- Remediation of contaminated water.
- Groundwater Survey and Remediation.
- Water for Industrial applications.
- Adequacy of ETP and STP.
- Consultancy Services.
Potable, Natural mineral and Packaged Drinking Water
- Potability of water as per IS : 10500 (Essential and complete tests)as per EU directives
- Natural Mineral water as per IS : 13428
- Packaged drinking water as per IS : 14543
- Water for Irrigation purpose as per IS:11624
Irrigation and Recreation Purpose
- Water for swimming pool purposes as per IS : 3228
- Water for Irrigation purpose as per IARI specifications.
River and Lake Water Studies
- Flow measurement
- Lake water studies
- Studies for River Action Plans
- Silt formation and silt analyses including Bathymetric study.
- River water for treatment for human consumption and bathing purpose
- River water studies for chemical and sediment transport
Water for Industrial Applications
Process Water for :
- Food Processing Industry
- Textile Industry
- Paper Mill
- Specific end uses like boiler feed water, cooling water, for steam generation etc.
- Suitability for construction propose as per IS : 456
- Adequacy studies of ETPs and STPs
Analysis of waste water for discharging into inland surface water, sewers, on land for irrigation etc.
- As Per MOEF guidelines
- AS per BIS specifications
- As per State Pollution Control Boards
- Corrosion studies of water (in dynamic and static condition )
- Studies of Rural Community Water Supplies
- Water and Wastewater modeling
- Treatability studies of wastewater and effluent treatment process modeling
- Preparation of River Action Plans.
- Assessment of priority pollutants in environment
- Setting up of captive laboratories
- Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs)
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
Soil And Solid Waste
Soil sustains life on this earth. However, rapid industrialization and population explosion leads to the deterioration of soil quality and repercussion of which is the decrease in agricultural productivity, increase in soil erosion etc. At the same time, industries dump their waters in the open land. With slight changes in the environmental conditions, the toxic pollutants leach out and eventually contaminate the aquifer and groundwater. Hence investigation of soil properties and management of solid wastes is essential for sustainable land use.
Supporting System : The Soil
Keeping this in mind, ITL Labs established Soil and Solid Waste laboratory, which undertakes studies of Soil and Solid wastes for following purposes:
- Agricultural and horticultural
- Soil contaminants
- Geo - technical
- Municipal solid wastes
- Industrial solid wastes
- Consultancy services
- Feasibility studies
- Preparation of DPR